I love cheesecake!
I could eat a Costco cheesecake, morning,
noon and night because
with cheesecake, you can dress it up so many different ways.
I wanted to make something light and fruity so
I decided on Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle Parfaits.
These came together rather quick and
easy and looked very pretty.
I made these for our Easter dessert and
I had to share because if you are short on time,
these are perfect. You can make them in advance
(up to a day)
and pull them out of the fridge, garnish and serve.
My family loved them.
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle Parfaits
Serving size: 8 generous portions
2 boxes of instant cheesecake jello pudding (3.4 oz boxes)
4 cups milk
1 family size Sarah Lee pound cake (16 oz)
2 containers of strawberries
juice of one lemon
1 cup of sugar
1. Wash and trim strawberries. Dice into small, bite sized pieces.
Place in medium size bowl and sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice.
Stir gently and set aside.
2. Cube pound cake into 1/2 inch squares and set aside.
3. In mixer, empty pudding boxes and add milk. Mix on low until incorporated and switch to medium. Whip for 5 minutes.
4. In goblets, layer pound cake, pudding, strawberries, pound cake, pudding, strawberries. Refrigerate at least one hour.
5. When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
I know this isn't totally by scratch but it is a quick and easy dessert that is really pretty to look at and tastes very good without being too heavy. I think this would be a great summer dessert, as well.